Friday, June 26, 2009

His Grace is Sufficient

Will did a great job for his first 24 hours of oral feeding. He took a complete bottle at 3 am but at 3 pm he was too tired to even wake up. He's being a "typical" preemie with this behavior as it requires a lot of energy to eat.

We haven't heard anything about his ultrasound. After waiting all day to get the results, the nurse finally told me at 7pm that I should go home because I looked really tired and to come back in the morning so we could talk to Dr. Ahmann, Will's doctor, about the results. The upside of all of the waiting is that my mom and I caught up on lots of thank you notes, etc.

I've whispered a lot of prayers today that only contain the word "Jesus". There's just something about that name. As a friend reminded me, His grace is sufficient minute by minute especially as as we wait to talk to the doctor in the morning.

Andrew and I talked to my grandparents tonight who are celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary. We are so encouraged by their love for each other and faithfulness through all of life's ups and downs. How timely to celebrate such a great example. We want to live long enough lives to celebrate the same milestone.

Thank you for your prayers.

No comments: