Thursday, May 28, 2009

I'll Tell You When to Worry

Today Will and I have had a lot of time for kangaroo care. Because of his Vapotherm, he can't practice breastfeeding so we snuggle instead.
When I got here at 12:30pm, the doctor came to say she'd ordered a head ultrasound for him. A lot of times they do this for preemies but previously she told me he was too big for them to do one. Well, his tone is kind of floppy and she wants to make sure there isn't any blood in his brain. She doesn't think there is but she wants to make sure. She said it wasn't something to worry about and that she'd tell me when to worry. Of course, I worry anyway, but it reminded of the verse in the Bible where, as Christians, we're told when to worry. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phillipians 4:6-7
The peace of God is an amazing gift and I am praying for that this evening.

Please for Will's head ultrasound. Pray that it would show a perfectly healthy brain (which my mom said is better than the rest of us have!). We won't know the results until tomorrow morning so I'll let you know.

2 comments:

Emily said...

When I asked my Mom advice for you one of the things she said was not to worry about all the hundreds of things they tell you about and you read about that could go wrong because it would drive you crazy! God's peace and strength is amazing! We will pray for his head!

Heidi Stokke said...

Praying for you, peace, God's gracious care and for a clear ultrasound. We love you.