Sunday, July 26, 2009

Homecoming

It finally happened but what a journey that last 10 weeks have been. We brought our 8lb, 3.5 oz. baby boy home today, a day before his due date, and we couldn't be happier. He's home without a heart monitor, without an NG tube and without any medication. It's an unreal feeling and I keep looking around for his nurse or his cords attaching him to a monitor.
Of course, on the day when I want to say so much, I have no time to say it! Ultimately, there is only one thing that expresses how I feel and it's found in the Psalm I read the day Will was born.

"As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield to for all who take refuge in him. For who is God besides the Lord? And who is the Rock except our God? It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect." (Psalm 18:30-32) Through our moments of deepest pain to this day of one of our greatest joys, God has been and will be faithful to us. We continue to pray for the three things we've prayed for over the last month: that God would give us strength for today, that we would be at peace with where we are when it comes to Will's progress, and that we would have wisdom as parents to our children. We've seen amazing things in the last two weeks as far as Will's ability to eat on his own. Someday I hope to relate the story of the last 10 days in particular as we've watched the Lord move people and details into place for Will's successful homecoming. We are still monitoring his intake and weight gain but we are hopeful that he will continue to take all of his feeds orally.
Thank you for all of your prayers and your continued prayers as we begin the real work!

7 comments:

Katie said...

Lori, I am so happy that your precious son is home with his family! I have been checking your blog occasionally and it has been so nice to keep up with you this way. Your faith has been amazing and inspiring through all of this and I pray God's many, many blessings on your sweet family!
Much love to you,
Katie

Jason, Jenni and crew said...

Lori!!! Thank you for sharing your heart and story. Your son is beautiful and i rejoice in the miracle of your family!

Unknown said...

I am so happy for you and your family. You have shown Will and Libby a mommy full of grace. Much love, Marcia

Emily said...

I am so happy and grateful for all the answer to prayers! I love that last picture of your Mom with Libby and Will! Enjoy being home as a family!

SherHart4 said...

Lori, We are rejoicing that Will has made such great progress to be home with the whole family. You are not kidding when you said the "real work" begins now. Please just breathe deep and take it one moment at a time, but continue to take loads of pictures! They grow ever so fast as I'm sure you're aware.

I have a verse that I love and I wanted to share it with you. I read it over and over when I feel that I can't do it anymore! LOL
"Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you."
1 Peter 5:7

Cast it all on him and believe all is well.....

Lots and lots of love and prayers!

Sheri

Heidi Stokke said...

Praise God from Whom all blessings flow, Praise Him all creatures here below. Praise Him above ye heavenly host, Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost....Amen. We praise the Almighty Trinity for the goodness and grace you have received in bringing home your sweet son. I will be there, Lord willing, for Kristy's wedding and want to see you all so much! Anna too:) Love you so much,
Heidi, and Uncle Mike too!

Unknown said...

Delighted to read that Will is home! You both look healthy and happy in the photos. May God continue to give you grace and strength for each new day as you all enjoy being together full time.
Thelma